Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What is up with Keira Knightley's Mouth,Anyway?

C and I drove through pleasantly snowy conditions to the Charles yesterday evening, arriving at about quarter till 7 for the showing of Pride and Prejudice. Having so recently read the book,the plot was fresh in my mind, and it was readily apparent what was condensed, what was omitted, etc. Not yet having seen the version (BBC) that made Colin Firth famous, I have to say that I appreciated this one very much. C is going to lend me the miniseries version on Wednesday. Perhaps I will have a clear favourite after I've viewed that one. In any case, I thought that the casting of Jane in this fresh, more compact depiction was on point. Keira Knightley did a credible job, for the most part, but I did wonder about the sporadic giggling outbursts, and also she has a weird mouth. Other than that, I wasn't terribly bothered by her performance.

Now then. On other points. The best way to mitigate an impractical crush is to tell yourself that the object has a significant other whom you have met and very much like, even if this is not the case.

No comments: