Monday, December 05, 2005

As is usually the case on Sunday evenings, I had trouble falling asleep last night. To ensure that I had something to do other than laying in the dark stressing myself out thinking about how restless I was, I decided to watch Mr. Arthouse Cinema's latest offering, City of Lost Children. It was surreal, weird, fun, and touching. I also finished McCauley's True Enough. The film ended at about 1:40 a.m., but I was still wide awake. I turned out the lights and tossed and turned for at least another hour.

I did begin work on the final version of my short story for the Modern Fiction class yesterday evening, but it's a long way from being finished. Have decided not to go to the office party this Thursday night. Need the time to revise poems, final assignments, etc. I've had a coworker tell me that he's not sure he'll go now since tales of my inebriated escapades from last year are why he was so psyched to attend this year. :) Fortunately, another coworker is throwing a party that some of us can attend, so I hope that one will be excellent (in that the people I'd most want to spend time with will choose to attend).

Had an excellent workout yesterday and was looking forward to going again tonight but just remembered that I have an engagement. Am going to see the Keira Knightley Pride and Prejudice with a fellow Janeophile at the Charles.

No comments: