Friday, December 23, 2005

So much for not having much time to blog...

Sarah got off after half a day yesterday so she came downtown to my job to have lunch with me. Then, after some gentle cajoling on my part, she spent the next 2.5 hours sitting in my cube, just hanging out, waiting until I could leave so she could give me a ride home. Shortly after she dropped me off at my place, Catherine arrived. we amused ourselves with anecdotes and stories, then headed out to dinner at the Rocky Run Cafe. Before heading back to my apartment, we picked up marshmallows for cocoa from the neighborhood grocery store in Charles Village.

Once back at home, C and I got into our pajamas and exchanged presents. She got me a book I'd been eyeing at the used book store in Boston the last time I was there, but hadn't purchased, and also two framed reprints of A. Aubrey Bodine photos (Baltimore Pictorialist). I gave her a green and brown striped square shaped bowl that reads (on the inside bottom) "if it ain't chocolate it ain't breakfast" and a complimentary square shaped plate that says "promise me anything, but give me chocolate." I also gave her two chocolate mint scented candles and a fun pair of flowery trouser socks.

My sister and mom and Jim were in Hampden for the Christmas Lights Extravaganza, and after they grabbed dinner at Cafe Hon, Caryl was set to come to my place. Once she arrived we made decadent latte mugs full of hot chocolate with whipped cream (whipped cream and marshmallows in Caryl's case) and settled in to watch "Elf," which we'd all seen before but found charming.

Since Catherine had to get going by about 8:45 this morning, I got up when she did and started on breakfast (turkey bacon, oven toast, eggs, and mango sauce on the side). Now Caryl and I are just bumming around slowly easing into the day...

No comments: