Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm starting to get nervous...

I have known for months that I will not be renewing the lease on my current apartment come the spring, but when I arrived at home last night and found a dead mouse in my kitchen, it eliminated any potential doubt.

When it's time to move I always get nervous about the details. the location of my current apartment is ideal; I need to find something equally convenient to the university and my job, that I can afford, that is bigger, that does not have mice.
Oh, and I need to scrounge around for people to help me move. That's always the sucky part.

Next semester is going to be made more difficult by virtue of my having a class in DC; it will be an adventure in some ways, and will hopefully yield access to a friend that I never get to see under normal circumstances, but will be tiring and expensive. My commute on that one day of the week will be roughly 21 dollars round trip (11 for the MARC; about 3 for the metro from Union station; about 7 for a cab ride back to my place from Penn Station when I get back to the Baltimore stop at about 11:30 at night). My Whole Foods habit is going to need to be curbed significantly in order to accommodate this venture.

And wish though I might that someone other than this one prof I always take was teaching a class I might want to take, no one is, so it's him again. I hope he doesn't think that I'm stalking him at this point; I'm so not. Bah! Had a disconcerting exchange with him last night in which he asked me a question (I think) about the story I handed in last week...I wasn't sure what he was getting at at first, and it made me feel strange. I have this crippling nervousness around men who's intellect I respect. I can't explain it, but I felt like I was being judged. And when I feel that I am being judged, I shut down, become super formal. impenetrable.

In other news, I'm pretty much broke until Tuesday.

No comments: