Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bad Hair Day

I had a truly schmada day yesterday. Schmada. Frotzy. The synapses of my collective attempts to look reasonably put together not firing. Between the tropical temps here in the mid-Atlantic making it impossible to coif my hair (hello frizz, how ya been?) and the fact that I overslept by nearly 2 hours, it was lacklustre to say the least. So, this morning, having awakened at the correct time (5 a.m.), the rains gone, and my hair done, I see a little more of what I'm used to emerging.

I'm taking the time to note all of this because for years I was content to be schmada except on rare occasions. Now I'm doing this thing where I believe I'm worth a little effort in the morning. To be clear. I am still not one of those women who can get up 2 hours earlier than necessary for the sake of beauty. My routine is down to the minute and very basic, but when I leave in the morning I feel good and I'm projecting something good into the world because of it. Yesterday was a little too like the past for me.

I call that look "Post Holiday Craptastic." May I escape it after Christmas.

No comments: