Friday, September 05, 2003

Yesterday was my 30th birthday. So I begin again at 364 days til 31.

I awoke yesterday morning to the gifts of a grey sky and city streets damp with rain. It was great to have weather that I love characterize the vibe of the day.

Once at work I listened to Miles Davis's "Love Songs" and drank hot, creamy coffee while making editorial markings on curriculum. I was content and self-satisfied. Only a few of my coworkers knew it was my birthday, so for the most part it was business as usual, excepting the delicious, miniature pineapple upside down cake Michael brought me, and later the foccacia vegetable pizza he gave me as a late afternoon treat.

The typical frustrations with office politics and problem employees were present. I even had to make the decision to let one of the temps go after carefully pondering the matter for the better part of a week.

But after all of that, I ate dinner with Sarah, Michael, and Gordon at a local mexican restaurant, then went back to my apartment to unwrap presents,and then we ended the night at Vaccaro's in Little Italy.

It was a calm, beautifuly day sans ostentacious displays. Very grown up.

No comments: