Thursday, September 11, 2003

I've been in Boston for 24 hours now, and the food I've eaten so far, alone, has made the trip worth it! Catherine made me a bruschetta appetizer, angel hair pasta with red clam sauce, and a spinach salad with walnuts, dried cranberries, bacon, and crumbled bleu cheese last night. It was my birthday dinner.

This morning at 8 o'clock we met a friend of hers at the Sound Bites cafe--I had cream cheese and apricot-stuffed french toast with coffee (and bacon, of course).

Later we drove into Wellesley and picked apples and white peaches, stopping to take lots of cool concept photographs (think "eve's tempation"). We especially liked the petting zoo (ostriches, donkeys in miniature, goats, sheep, and pot bellied pigs)! Catherine talked to these creatures and they totally responded to her. I think the word I'm looking for is "precious."

We played Ella's "Like Someone In Love" on the way back to Catchka's charming house/apartment, and I thought about Gordon. Surprise. Surprise.

Luch was a savory crepe (at Mr. Crepe) of arugala, avocado, cilantro, and monterey jack cheese... We tooled around Davis Square in CD SPins and the McIntyre used book store. I picked up a few souvenirs for friends, including a "Last Supper" lunch box for G.

More adventures from Bean Town to come... stay tuned!

No comments: