Thursday, February 05, 2009

Whole Wheat Peanutbutter & Jelly Wrap

I'm at the end of the grocery cycle, so I'm reduced to creative reinterpretations of classics. My coffee's gone tepid, but I'm nursing it dutifully, because that is just my way.

Working from home today to accommodate my 2 pm lecture, so I'm at the dining room table in my pajamas and listening to an audio book (my version of whistling while i work)about a happily married woman who runs into "the one who got a way" at a busy New York intersection.

I've made something of a decision.

I don't want to prolong my time in this master's program beyond the prescribed 3-year period. Taking 2 courses a term is going to add at least a year, so I'm taking one Independent Study this summer to help mitigate the issue. And next fall, I'm taking 3 courses, which will put me in the full-time bracket, regardless of whether I'm in a position to reduce my working hours or not.

I'm doing what I have to do so I can do what I want to do. I read that Denzel Washington and his family use that as their creed. He said something like "I'm not going to have anything to say to my kid about wanting to go to a movie if his homework is done. We do what we have to do so we can do what we want to do..."

No comments: