Sunday, February 15, 2009

on silver linings

i'd been feeling discouraged, lately, about my prospects for making it as a writer. today, i found out that i won a Maryland State Arts Council Individual Artist Grant in poetry. it was not the top prize, but i still placed, and given how close i was to throwing in the towel on all writerly pursuits, i can't help but see it as a grace from God--as the affirmation i most needed.

it's sunday night and i'm puttering, doing laundry, putting away groceries, and planning meals for the week ahead.

i'm gearing up to make progress in all areas of my life, as much as i can. i'm reducing debt, taking chances, and falling in love with the idea of buying a house by this time next year.

it's my hope to let go of some old ideas, too. i'm going to try harder to have the life i've always wanted. it feels like a good time to stick my neck out.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I was just listening to this song yesterday and the second verse always strikes me. (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/dido/lifeforrent.html) It's always a good time to pursue dreams.