Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Catching Up With The Encyclopedia Veronica

tonight after work I met up with the EV at the Brewer's Art. She left me to pulverize the crab dip with pita points on my own because she'd had an intense medical procedure today that left her unwilling to eat. i had this weird feeling in the BA. I imagined us four, maybe five months down the road, in a full-fledged depression, the bar abandoned--maybe it'd become a location for a soup line instead of the neighborhood happy hour joint.

i've been on a debt reduction/expense cancelling mission of late. it's my way of battening down the hatches. whatever happens, the less i'm paying out a month, the better.

it was good to see my old pal for some solid catching up. i think the martini's going to help stave off the odd malaise i felt settling over me. a few people at the office have been sick and i don't want to be next.

No comments: