Sunday, February 08, 2009

Moving Day

My youngest sister moved from my mom's place today into a tiny basement apartment (a glorified room for rent) with a friend of hers. it's conveniently situated near all kinds of public transportation, a bustling downtown area in a MD suburb (there's so much she can walk to, including tons of hotels--where I'll stay when I visit her!). The move went off without a hitch. She doesn't yet own enough of anything for a move to be difficult, but even still, it was incredibly smooth sailing. The weather was beyond cooperative. If you're in the dc/balto area, you know we were well above 60. Stellar.

Yesterday was somewhat seinfeldian. We waited (my youngest sister and I) at my stylist's salon because my christmas present to Caryl was highlights. Well, we waited for a while only to find that she'd too recently gotten another chemical treatment and that it wasn't advisable for her to have another so soon. We rescheduled for two weeks from now, left, and proceeded to take care of some other stuff related to moving, etc.

i even managed to get some homework done. i'll finish up some tonight, and then hopefully head to the gym.

No comments: