Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy New Year.

I'm working from home today due to the threat of a wintry mix. It's the sixth day of the new year and so far 2009 feels a little foreboding. it's too much to get into here, but i had a dream...

The holidays were wonderfully calm and full; I have no complaints. When I have downtime, I'm catching up on the entire history of the Gilmore Girls with Crystal, who owns all the seasons, save for the last (soon to be rectified). I did not watch this show when it was a current series and I'm glad about that. I love watching one episode right after the other and not having to wait an entire week for closure. right now we're in the thick of the Rory/Lorelai months-long standoff of Season 6. If you watched GG, you know what I'm talking about...

Right before the end of the year, I completed my second review of the novel. Mr. CE came over to get the manuscript on New Year's Eve afternoon. I made him some hazelnut hot chocolate (w/a hint of vanilla syrup). he watched a bit of a movie while i made a shrimp curry w/jasmine rice for the festivities i was attending later that day.

it's a good thing that classes don't start for another three weeks because i am so not ready to have assignments again. I had almost two weeks off starting December 23rd (through yesterday) and I have found, once again, that it is so easy to fill up one's day with many meaningful things that do not involve work for someone else.

ah, to be independently wealthy.

1 comment:

sarah said...

look, i told you: that's my 5-year plan. i don't know how it can happen, but it must. it simply MUST.