Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting There

I've been home from my weekly sleepover at Sarah's since about 12:30 and am proud to say that a 5-pound loss (my new self-devised food plan is already working)and my new debt reduction plan have both inspired me to get myself in gear. I've snapped out of that insidious, overwhelming funk I was in.

It helped that my day planner and page-a-day calendars arrived late last week (I don't do well without physical calendars to write stuff in and that I have to turn with my own hands). It was powerfully inspiring.

what is more, come Thursday I'm going to finally go ahead and buy new dishes and flatware like I've been wanting to for more than a year now. I found the pieces I want at Crate & Barrel.

had my last in-person HHG meeting last Tuesday; Luke and i will maintain e-mail contact (at my request) for the next month and a half in lieu of meetings because I need to open up my life to accommodate the start of the semester next week.

what is more, Sarah and I planned a weekend away in St. Michael's for the first weekend in March. I was last there about 8 years ago and have really wanted to go back. It's my way of creating something to look forward to in Winter.

All this planning gives me a sense of control and helps me to feel more engaged with my life. It's done a world of good.

Feel like something of schlub for not braving the cold to see Obama in Charm City yesterday, but the crowd alone would have annoyed me. Once I factored in a 9 degree situation, I just couldn't bear the thought.

Instead of being a physical part of history, I chose to do all manner of practical things like go shopping for soap refills, Lysol wipes, V-day gift bags, and toiletries.

Tonight, after chatting with Devika Keral (per our pre-arranged phone date), I'm going to figure out lunches and dinners for the week.

The only night I don't have to worry about is Thursday. My dear E is leaving Baltimore for points south (awesome new job!), so we are going out to eat. I cannot believe a member of the inner circle is leaving. Guess I'll have to visit her. Not that I'm keen to fly after that Hudson River landing.

No comments: