Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh, Mr. Bra and Panties, how you do go on!

i'm keeping this bastard around, i've decided, because he is literature fodder. More IMs today. More invitations to have sex with him (after a cultural outing to a museum, naturally). Poor slob. My favourite was the admission (after I'd asked him what his glitch is) "I dunno. I'm a mess."

Oh. He also wants me to edit his book pro bono. Apparently, there's a new trend in my life whre this kind of thing is concerned. I informed him that I'd be needing cash if he wants a copyedit, that fact-checking is extra, and that no, being "immortalized" in his book by way of some flimsy acknowledgment does not count. He then suggested that he might perform a... um... "service" for me on the regular as payment. I informed him that as I am not a whore, I have a different pay scale than that.

Wednesday night's outing was okay. I knew the conversation would be good, but as I suspected I would, I remain unmoved. If he'd be up for just being friends, I could do that, but that's just the kind of bait-and-switch maneuver I'd hate if someone tried to pull it on me.

I've decided to really buckle down this weekend and do my homework. i need to buy a sketchbook for my creativity class. and finish reading a couple of books and tweak this essay that's due next week.

this weekend the dog will be arriving and staying for the foreseeable future. next week, in addition to being the one before my vacation will be one of major adjustment.

No comments: