Wednesday, September 10, 2008

eating the last of my birthday cake

tomorrow is my middle sister's 25th birthday, which means that it is officially no longer my birthday. so, i have yet to wrap her presents or do some of my homework, even, because i am overcome with some weird lethargy. it is exacerbated by the fact that i have social plans that i feel ambivalent, at best, about.

a few weeks ago, i went speed dating, as all of you know. oh! before I forget, The Litigator from said speed dating outing IM'd me today with the following lead-in: Hi babe!

Que?

that's his thing now. IM'ing me sporadically and asking weird, one-off questions and then getting off line. My nonchalant reply to his brush off worked. Mental note: Try this on a boy I actually care about sometime.

anyway, i have plans tonight with the other attorney i met at this venture. i remember distinctly following up with both of them because i was trying to stay engaged. now i feel that the moment has kind of passed and whatever. perhaps i'll perk up when that martini hits my blood.

confidential to my cyberstalker: You are on here too much and should heed my warning. You know who you are and you know what I'm talking about.

No comments: