Wednesday, August 13, 2008

donning a pair of chunky mary jane heels and heading north

this post is lovingly dedicated to B, who told me that of all Jane Austen's heroines, i am Emma. in answer to your question, lovely B, yes. the nails have slowed down my typing, but it is my experience that once i get used to them, my speed will increase to the normal rate.

it's 5:48 a.m. and i am mostly ready to leave my house for the second of two business trips this week. thanks to a slight funk i entered at about 8 o'clock last night, i got plenty of sleep. i am now, as they say, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. save for the one meeting that is to bisect my day, i'll have plenty of time to think and edit the novel. i'm taking only a fraction of it with me because know i'm not going to make it through a mark up of nearly 400 pages no matter how relaxed i am.

i've got to find something to wear speed dating on Saturday.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I have unquestionably Arrived. Kate Krupnik has dedicated a post to me! I'm quite relieved to hear that your nails have not impaired your lifestyle. Indeed, they seem to have enhanced it! (place winking emoticon here)