Monday, October 17, 2005

There was a bird trapped on the bus. I handled it remarkably well, considering that few things unnerve me like birds (or insects, especially moths) flying around in enclosed spaces. Several passengers opened windows to give it a way to escape. I'm not sure, but I think it may have ultimately gone out the front door.

After my hair appointment on Friday night, I came home and got a very late (for me) carryout dinner from the One World (Baked Enchilada Rojas w/Chipotle vegetables) and watched a bit of tv while I read a few chapters in Pride And Prejudice.

On Saturday, since the gym was closed, I went out for a half-hour or so power walk, then came home to do laundry, and to write a poem and work on my short story for classes this week. Later, I accompanied Sarah to Williams-Sonoma to pick up some items for a coworker's wedding present. After that we went to Crate & Barrell, which, I have to say is more reasonably priced than W-S. I got some round candles and a cocktail shaker Christmas ornament.
While we were out Sarah got a call from a coworker who invited us over to hang out at her place. I enjoyed all the attention I got from this woman's dog, who at one point, put her huge paws on my neck, and licked me full in the face for about a good minute. Apparently, this is the dog's version of a hug and kiss.

On Sunday I was able to enjoy breakfast with Sarah and another coworker of hers... afterward we retired to this person's house and talked for about an hour or so. While there, something truly kismet happened.

I was admiring the papasan chair in the corner (I have wanted one forever), and just as I was pondering how I might acquire one, our hostess said "I have a quandry." The basic gist of the story is that she was wondering if we knew anyone who wanted one, because she was looking to get rid of hers, and its companion piece ottoman. So I scored an almost new papasan without even trying for a mere fraction of a fraction of what it would have cost at Pier 1, where she originally got it. I'm picking it up today!

After the gym yesterday I spent the better part of the day moving the bookshelf from my bedroom into the entry way, and getting rid of the pink easychair rocker I received gratis a year or so ago... all to make room for the new papasan, which will be a nice addition to my spare bedroom. The creamy cushion of the chair will offset the deep red of my bedding and curtains.

No comments: