Friday, October 21, 2005

I'm excited to spend the day at my undergrad alma mater tomorrow. The college is honouring its first African American woman graduate, so the minority alumni association is making an appropriate to do about it. Even more important to me than that is the chance to see my sister.

Caryl apparently got her nose pierced last night (she has been wanting to for at least 2 years now), so it'll be interesting to see the end result. Not everyone can carry that off. I have a feeling it will suit her.

M hosted poetry group last night. She laid out quite a lovely spread of Indian food. My contribution was pumpkin bread; I figured the subtle spice of it would complement the flavours in the main dishes. It worked out well. A new person joined us last night (a coworker of M's) and she fit right in with the group's dynamic.

I am so proud of myself. I actually took the time to cook myself something so I could bring in lunch today instead of buying out. I got some stuffed chicken thighs from Whole Foods a few days ago, so I made those, and to accompany, I made some spinach and corn. Just finished a bowl of Kashi Good Friends cereal (the name utterly baffles me). It's the box that features a Southeast Asian looking older man and a White woman. They seem happy to know each other. Maybe Kashi is suggesting that more people bond over healthy cereal?

"The Granny Boots" mix I compiled a few days ago is the soundtrack of the morning. I've started reading Emma, which is entertaining, but it's no Pride And Prejudice.

A coworker lent me Jarmusch's "Dead Man" starring Johnny Depp. It may be the one Jarmusch film I haven't seen. I've heard it's the best one...

No comments: