Friday, October 28, 2005

Mental Health Day

I took one yesterday and it did me a world of good. I read a sizeable chunk of Ian McEwan's Atonement for the bookclub meeting on Sunday and tidied up my bedroom (after returning from the gym). I made some butternut squash soup from a basic puree bought from Williams-Sonoma-- by adding chicken stock, seasonings, and sauteed onions, portabella mushrooms, zucchini, and scallions. It was therapeutic.

Sarah came over after work and we hung out at the One World for a couple of hours. It was a reading date. I really started getting into the book. I ended up staying awake till about 11:30, still turning the pages, until my eyelids got too heavy to go on.

Professor Genteel vexed me something terrible on Wednesday evening. The man talks and thinks in elliptical clauses. That's fine, except for the fact that he expects us to explicitly meet his inexplicit instructions regarding assignments. Linear progression is not high on this man's priority list, so his preoccupation with specificity (selective preoccupation) is an insult.

I sent him an e-mail after class asking him to clarify our latest assignment (to be turned in next Wednesday).

Any guesses as to whether or not he's gotten back to me?

I'll spare you the suspense. No, Inexplicitly Inexpliciterson has not. I'm sure he forgot.

No comments: