Thursday, July 09, 2009

Regularly Scheduled Programming

it's 9:48 on a Thursday night and I find that I am exhausted. the normal wear and tear of the work week, getting up early, and barely stopping as the day trots on brings a sort of beautiful coping. putting out fires and quelling people's over reactions, ordering chinese food b/c there just hasn't been any time to grocery shop. hoping for the best, pondering my first real hair appointment in months. finally listening to something else on my ipod besides the only music i've wanted to hear for 2.5 weeks, and it felt almost normal.

i've reengaged the mundane facts of my own life. it's still true that i have no romantic prospects. it's frightening because i care less and less and less about that, it seems. i tried to have a little crush on this guy at work, then realized that was stupid, and so gave it up before it was anything. i'm okay. things are good. i'm a little cash strapped and feeling uneasy about that, but things are ebbing and flowing as they should.

it's 9:54. i think i'll shut my eyes and see what i can't scheme up in my sleep.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Can I have a copy of that photo that's your banner now? Come to think of it, all the photos you've ever had as your banners are ones I wouldn't mind framing for my own photographic collection. You know, whenever I end up having my own walls to hang framed photos on....