Monday, May 12, 2008

Completion

My youngest sister graduated from my undergrad alma mater on Saturday. Days in early May in Southern Maryland are typically balmy, mild, and sunny. This, much like my middle sister's graduation from a school in Vermont, was a cold, rainy, soggy debacle. These small schools really need a rain contingency plan.

Yesterday, Mother's Day, wasn't much different weather-wise, but we managed to have a good time with our mother. We had thought we would take her mini golfing, but our parade was rained on. Instead, we managed to get into a restaurant (no reservations) with only a 45-minute wait. Afterward, we went back to my mom's place with a rented copy of the The Bee Movie, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

C and I made the tough decision to make our way back to baltimore last night in the driving rain. Not getting to sleep till past midnight meant that a 6:30 alarm felt unfair, to say the least, but awake we did. While she showered, I made myself busy in the kitchen with coffee and breakfast prep. And then a lovely thing happened. My boss called. No power in our building. Report once you've been contacted that things are back up and running. C still had to report to her place of business, but I've been watching Alias Season 1 on DVD, writing out checks for bills, washing up dishes, and just taking care of things you don't usually get to attend to on a Monday morning. I'll have to make up the hours at some point (there's no work I can do from home), but for now I'm glad I didn't have brace myself to enter yet another torrential downpour.

1 comment:

sarah said...

it was positively grody outside today! i'm so glad you got to spend the morning at home. je suis tres jaloux!