Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My sister, having firmly decided upon a divorce, sounds like herself again

I've spoken candidly here about my sister's marriage before. It is no secret that I've been pulling for an end to it, for a number of reasons, all of which have to do with the fact that I now know it to have been an ill-conceived design (born of my sister's bent toward an utterly impulsive need to couple up at all costs). In my opinion, she's suffered enough. This marriage was an expensive lesson for her, and in that sense, a worthwhile one. What misery is possible when you connect your life to an insecure, delusional, immature man's!

Thanks to a friend's connection, C will meet with an attorney for a consultation next week. Thank God that no property, no children, no investments, and the fact that my sister didn't even change her last name will mean relatively smooth sailing. I suppose her soon-to-be-ex-husband could contest on the grounds that he wants to stay married, but would any judge even hear such an argument (had he the financial means to contest)?

I'll take legitimate legal advice on my sister's behalf from anyone who is/who knows a good attorney.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

I just said a prayer for C. I really hope it turns out to be smooth sailing and that her husband does not try to make it nasty. She will be in my thoughts.

vic said...

I've heard you can use a divorce mediator who is not as expensive as an attorney. I don't know anything about it, but just heard of it from a friend who used one. I will keep C in my prayers.