Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mid February = Ice

Without fail, on or around Valentine's Day, there is an ice incident. Today's was minor as these things go, but I still left the office about 40 minutes early so I could get home while it was still light out.

A pervasive work-related ennui has resulted from the conclusion of the project that has taken up all my time for the last 8 months. Cast adrift now, I am helping out on other projects, circling other planets--a lesser moon--a satellite, even.

I'm stalled. Waiting to hear from the University, waiting for the motivation I need to really lose these last 10 pounds, and figuring out how serious I am about looking for another apartment. Yes, that is back on the table these days. There are some amenities I'm not sure I can go without any longer. In addition to the fact that I want central air, I have to face the fact that my building is a Grande Dame that has fallen into disrepair. The management company that is responsible for its upkeep is shortsighted and favours the corner-cutting method.

My lease is month-to-month so I have considerable flexibility. If I make this move, I'd be looking to do it in July (around the middle of the month) or August.

No comments: