Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Scheduled Power Outage

so, BGE calls and leaves a courtesy message. They are turning off all the power in my section of the neighborhood in order to make some urgent repairs. From midnight tonight until 6:15 tomorrow morning, it's lights out.

I've decided to sleep in because waking up at 5, walking down 6 flights of stairs with all my gym gear, lunch stuff, stacks of editing to take back to the office, etc., with a flashlight as my only source of illumination just seems like I'm asking to fall and break something. I went to the gym Sunday, Monday, and today, so tomorrow will just be a day off. I may do my resistance bands routine tomorrow evening, but that's totally TBD.

Once I finish this glass of hybrid Merlot/Tempranillo, I'm turning in. Cell phone alarm is set. All systems are go for a 6:30 wake up. Ah. Sleeping in! How sad is it that waking up at 6:30 will really feel decadent?

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Sleeping in until 6:30 would feel decadent to me too! Sad, indeed...

Kimberly said...

I hope you're sleeping in went well. This morning we didn't make it that late around here, Jackson decided to wake me up much earlier than that...lol! Oh well, maybe another day, right?