Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dragging

Last night's meal sat in my stomach like lead. I got up a few times with indigestion-related discomfort. I didn't even get into bed until after 11, so being up at 1 made my hopes of waking at 5 for spin seem bleak. But I did it. Man, I really feel all those carbs, fats, and sugars I ate for the last several days. I need a major detox.

I ate significantly lighter during the day today, but being exhausted really impacted my productivity. I need a lot of sleep, a lot of exercise, more water, and less caffeine.

Catchka and I celebrated the holiday together this evening at Sammy's Trattoria. Really love what they're doing with their calamari these days... so, while my dinner was once again on the rich side, it was very pared down from last night.

I'm looking forward to simple fruits, low-fat proteins, low sugar oatmeal, and progresso soups for the next several weeks. I'm betting I gained about 5 pounds.

That's okay, though. My sister gave me this amazing black dress that I fit into now (and I look stunning in it--something I would not say lightly), but that I'll be unstoppable in in about 6 pounds (from my baseline weight, not holiday weight). I keep saying it, but it's really time to start toning seriously. There's a sculpt class on Saturday mornings that I want to look into.

No comments: