Friday, December 14, 2007

One thing is abundantly clear

I really do not like Folgers coffee--even their newfangled "gourmet" brand falls far below the mark. I bought some this morning from Rite-Aid because the "Vanilla Biscotti" blend was only 3.99 for a full-size bag (and I am on a budget!). It's passable. I can drink it. I will drink it, too, while thinking about the fact that I just bought myself about 25 cups of mediocre coffee for the price of one grande Starbucks concoction.

I'm off today, but I've gotten more accomplished than I do on most mornings. So typical of not being at work. I woke up at 5:30, headed to the gym for a cross-country workout on the elliptical, then came home to help Caryl add finishing touches to a final paper. After that, I headed off to the grocery store to pick up some gift cards and rations for the weekend. On my way home from the gym, I stopped to get laundry detergent, dryer sheets, and the aforementioned coffee (bleah!), so I was all set to get a couple of loads going as soon as I put my tofu away.

Now I am happily listening to the Classic Tales Podcast--installment 2 of Dickens' A Christmas Carol. At about 3, I head to my undergrad alma mater to attend the Madrigals Dinner to hear Caryl sing with the chamber choir. I'm dressing in a further-slimming black turtleneck and matching dress pants. Wish I had time to get my nails done beforehand...

No comments: