Friday, April 20, 2007

This Week's Dating Activity

Met the I-don't-think-we'd-be-a-match guy for coffee last night. It was perfectly pleasant and I laughed, and I was also right. No attraction (on either side), but the anecdotes I got from it (his) were worth the time and effort. I don't think any dating/relationship horror story could possibly trump this man's bad luck. He once dated a woman with multiple personalities. Naturally, he didn't know this at the outset. When I asked him how one breaks up with someone who suffers from this disorder, he said "It was a slow and lengthy process because there were so many of them..."

Quel nightmare.

A new man has started writing to me. He's 41 and somewhat outdoorsy (if the profile speaks the truth). I wrote him back because his message was somewhat clever and referenced my profile without him saying anything so pedantic as how much he liked it or something like that.

On a related front, I just realized something. I don't think any of these dates I've gone on has ever been on a Friday night. There's something a little sad about that. I'm always at home with a cup of decaf watching back-to-back episodes of That 70s Show... must fix this.

No comments: