Saturday, April 07, 2007

Got those photos from three years ago back...

And there are so many wonderful shots of my sisters. They looked so beautiful that Christmas! It's a mystery to me that I waited so long to put the film in. I watched that roll of film gather dust for three years (it stayed in plain view the whole time--never once did I lose it or forget about it),and for some reason, while I accomplished several other feats--great and small--I could not seem to make myself get it to a drug store or to Target, or to anyplace where film is processed...

After breakfast with V I went for my weekly manicure. Stress (and probable dehydration) caused all of my nails to split and crack such that I had to cut them very short earlier in the week, so this week's session was just about cuticle care and the application of a protein base (glorified clear polish). No fun colours or anything. The expense was still worth it to me. It's a way of saying I haven't given up on being one of those together women I so admire.

Post manicure I did a bit of work work so that I'm in a good position to start the week off right. I detest feeling like I'm beginning from behind. Why not prevent whatever catastrophe you can? I'd make an excellent Boy Scout. My epitaph is going to read "I was prepared!"

This coming Thursday I have a coffee scheduled with someone I met from the site. He wrote to me and I promptly told him I didn't think we'd be a match, but because of the business he owns, I told him I'd love to meet to discuss my interest in using his professional services sometime. Some people present in such a sincere way that it's hard to completely dismiss them. And also, this is about being open. So whose to say that walking through this door won't lead to something worthwhile, even if not romantic? I'll tell you. It's significantly harder to divest one's self of preconceived notions than it is to do just about anything else.

Listening to Bjork's "Play Dead." She says "Darling, stop confusing me with your wishful thinking..." and "I play dead...it's sometimes just like sleeping, curling up inside my private tortures; I nestle into pain and suffering caressess..."

Today's Object lesson: learn when to shut up.

No comments: