Monday, November 24, 2003

Redeeming the Time

These days I don’t really have plans (other than the one night a week I tend to spend at Sarah’s place), and while that is a bummer on many levels, it has forced me back into a lifestyle of contemplation and writing. An evening out would be rare indeed, now. I’d be much more likely to see it as a special treat these days than I did this summer and early fall. I guess I could have tons of plans, if I weren’t at all particular. I have one friend who just recently asked me to do something, but I want to keep my dealings with her limited. This person will try to take a mile if you give an inch—and I am not interested in being entrenched in her society again.

I am in a place of waiting again. The ball is not in my court right now. So, how will I redeem the time? I will keep laying the foundation of what I’m building one square at a time. I have a vision. Now I pray for myself the visionary’s oblivion to whatever is not her concept.

I have been known to suffer from tunnel vision for less worthy causes than the one I’m championing now. Myself.

No comments: