Thursday, November 13, 2003

Devika, thank you for your letter! I e-mailed you about getting together on the Friday after Thanksgiving... sometime in the late morning or in the early afternoon in DC? are you available?

I've just had the best shower of my life. I used the honey and brown sugar exfoliant Sarah gave me for my birthday. My skin feels like silk. I need to pamper myself like this all the time.

After writing checks for the mid-month bills I am left with just enough for bus fare for two weeks, grocery money, and about three loads of laundry. But it feels good to have life on my own terms.

One thing I've discovered about living alone. It'd be a lot more interesting if I went out more, had more of a busy schedule... then I'd know just how nice it is to come home.

I'm tempted to feel that I need to wait to move to create a feeling of sanctuary for myself in my home, but I'm tired of my "real life" always being just around the bend. The time for sanctuary is now.

Sidebar: I requested transcripts from my alma mater. I'm applying to a writing program for the Fall of 2004.

No comments: