Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yield

Catchka-bell and I spent the late morning and early afternoon in the valley (hunt valley, that is) yesterday. Ended up spending money, however wisely, on some sorely-needed things. It's so hard for me to part with cash anymore. I feel this constant tension between wanting to save and needing stuff. Anyway, my gym shoes have been dead for about two years. I finally bought some new, sweet New Balance all-terrain sneaks on clearance.

After I got home, one of my neighbors came up and bought 70.00 worth of my cds! That felt like an instant validation of my choices, because I'd been worried that I was basically living beyond my means and choosing between having something to wear and being true to my efforts toward fiscal responsibility.

Anyway, as soon as I got that cash in hand, I hoofed it to an atm and deposited it.

Today, I'm going to order my new furniture and arrange for delivery. gah!

Just checked out my sister's and my cell phone bill (family plan). Gah. again.

No comments: