Thursday, October 09, 2008

Barack Obama for president, in spite of smear campaigns and lies

Friends, I have, for years, kept this blog from commenting, overtly, on much in the way of politics. It has become increasingly difficult for me to do that during this final stretch of the 2008 election. The video below is one that resonates with me on a number of levels for a number of reasons.

It is no surprise to any of you, by this time, that Barack Obama is my candidate of choice, though I am registered as a Republican. I have always considered my politics to be right-leaning moderate--though for the first 7 years of my voting life, I was a registered Dem. I have always believed that both parties have something to offer. This time around, I am invested in a new vision for this country. I am invested in the furious meeting of history with the future, and if Barack Obama gets elected, I will be able, finally, to fully embrace that dream that was launched on the Capitol steps.

More importantly, whatever happens in early November, I am not going to the back of the bus, either.


No comments: