Monday, June 02, 2008

cable, sort of...

my tech was supposed to arrive at my new place to set me up for service between 4 and 7 on Saturday (the day of my move). He showed up, per Comcast's call to say as much, by about 8:30. Once he arrived it became clear that it wasn't going to happen. The cable box/source for my apartment building is in the parking garage, which he could not gain access to.

after two or three phone calls Comcast agreed to get someone to my place this morning. another tech, two hours, and the tech's supervisor later, and I am somewhat connected... Obviously, the Internet situation is okay. But... the tv has had some issues. In addition to the rigamarole that was involved in getting me connected (new box, adjusting settings, blah, blah, blah), now there's just a general service problem in my area.

other inconveniences include the fact that the post office has, in all likelihood, screwed up my sister's mail. I put in a forwarding order for myself, as an individual (i didn't think to include her on the order), so technically her first pay check should have arrived at my old address by last Wednesday or Thursday (the first check is not directly deposited). I checked the mail at the old apartment one last time on late Saturday afternoon and it still hadn't arrived. So, my sister, who has been working her new job for about 3.5 weeks and has nothing to show for it.

Oh. And my central air seems to be having a problem.

Finally, the painting of my accent walls cannot happen until June 16th even though I did my damndest to make that happen before I moved in. I swear. I swear...

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Comcast was recently voted the company with the second-worst customer service in the nation (after AOL). And we all know the USPS is an evil entity that never makes any progress. AAUGH! I hope things get better soon.